How to Get Rid of Tough Stains on Your Precious Clothes
People often judge you by the clothes you wear. You are not supposed to wear expensive clothes but you should make sure that they are clean and tidy. However, sometimes you get stains on your favorite clothes accidentally. Some of these stains are quite a handful and very difficult to remove. In this article, we will provide some useful tricks to get rid of tough stains.
Stains of oil
If the oil has fallen on your favorite piece of cloth, you need not worry much because oil stains are the easiest to remove. Follow these basic steps to get rid of oil stains:
- Dip the affected area in water.
- Apply a thick layer of detergent powder on the stain and leave it for ten minutes.
- Rub the affected area using a fabric brush or your hands.
- Rinse thoroughly and let it dry under the sun. The stain will be nowhere to be seen.
Stains of Curry
Curry is an important part of Indian meals but if it falls on your clothes, it could turn out to be a nightmare. This might happen while eating, feeding a child, or while cooking, etc. These accidents are common and it is very little we could do to avoid such incidents completely. However, you may follow these steps to get rid of the stubborn curry stain:
- Soak the affected area in water.
- Meanwhile, make a thick paste by mixing half teaspoon detergent powder and half teaspoon bleaching powder.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and leave for five minutes.
- Rub the area where you have applied the paste using just your hands.
- Wash the cloth normally.
Stains of Chocolate
Kids love eating chocolates but their mothers have to deal with the stains on their clothes. The good news is that you do not need to panic anymore. Chocolate stains could be removed easily. The trick with such stains is to soak the fabric properly. Let us have a look at the complete process:
- Soak the whole cloth in detergent water for one hour.
- Take it out and apply a detergent soap on the stains and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Rub and wash the fabric to get rid of the stain.
Stains of Blood
Bloodstains are quite hard to remove. Whether it is menstrual blood or blood from an injury, the stain is quite hard to deal with. You may follow this trick to get rid of such nasty stains.
- The key to bloodstains is hot water. So, soak the fabric in hot water and rub the affected area.
- Pour some more hot water and apply a thick paste of detergent. You may also mix some bleaching powder if you want to.
- Rub and wash the fabric in hot water and dry it directly under the sun. The stain will vanish.
When Whites Turn Yellow
This is a common problem for every person that the whites start turning yellow to the extent that it becomes a different color than white. There is a simple solution to this kind of problem. Here is the process that you need to follow:
- Take a bucket and fill it with enough water to soak the fabric you want to wash.
- Pour one tablespoon of bleaching liquid in the bucket and mix well.
- Now, soak the cloth you want to make white as new for 30 minutes.
- Wash it using detergent.
These are some effective and easy tricks to make your clothes look clean and spot-free.
Mix one cap of liquid softener in water and dip your clothes in it after washing them. This helps to retain the natural shine of the clothes and to reduce the damage of harsh chemicals and bleach.
Why Don’t You Buy a Washing Machine?
If you are sick and tired of washing all the laundry in your house, you must consider buying a washing machine. This will not only help you save time and energy but will also give you extra time to be productive.
There is a solution if you do not have enough budget to buy a new washing machine. You can buy a used washing machine on OVX India. Simply, log on to our website at www.ovxindia.co and search for a “washing machine”. You will get plenty of options to choose from.
Get rid of that big pile of clothes and bring home a washing machine that does it for you.